Hello! I’ve recently been craving some homemade fries, but without the frying (I know, fries that aren’t fried?) These fries are extremely tasty and amazing! If you want them crunchy on the edges and soft in the middle, these are the fries for you! Plus they’re sweet and salty with a touch of earthiness.
Recipe found here, but I added a bit of my own twist to it!
~3-4 russet potatoes
~some salt and pepper
~some brown sugar
~1-2 tablespoons of oil (I used olive)
This recipe is super versatile and you can add more sugar, more salt (although too much salt is bad!) and cinnamon to however much you really want. I used just enough cinnamon and salt/pepper to lightly dust the potatoes. I used about 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.
1. Peel and cut potatoes in to fry-like shapes. Try to keep them even in width.
2. Preheat oven to 475 F. Soak them in warm water for about 15 minutes
3. Lightly coat a rimmed baking pan with about 1 tablespoon of oil, until pan is completely covered.
4. Drain the potatoes onto a towel or paper towel and pat dry. Toss them around with some oil, salt and pepper.
5. Spread them evenly around the pan and top off with some cinnamon.
6.Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 5 minutes. Take off the foil.
7. Continue baking for 10 more minutes and shake the potatoes around to loosen them from the pan.
8. Bake for another 10 minutes.
9. Now flip each fry around with a heat-proof spatula or tons. Sprinkle on about 1 1/2 tablespoons of brown sugar and bake for another 10 minutes.
10. Take the fries out of the oven and sprinkle on the rest of the brown sugar before serving.